Newbie question hikmicro

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
Coyote73

Newbie question hikmicro

Post by Coyote73 » 12 Jan 2024, 00:37

Hello all, my name is Lynn. I am new to your forum. You guys have a lot of great information on here. I am curious if you guys can help me with a question. Does Hikmicro have a dealer in the USA? If not is it possible to get my hands on a alpex lrf 4k? Or does customs not allow such a thing? I do have a friend that comes to France. I see on some websites only UK residents are allowed to buy? Why is that? I do not want to do anything illegal. Just am new to this end of things.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Re: Newbie question hikmicro

Post by phoenix » 12 Jan 2024, 10:05

In the USA all HIK Micro thermal and NV products are branded AGM - and priced considerably higher than the equivalent HIK model in the UK
The HIK Alpex is sold as the AGM Spectrum and is priced at $1429
The same model sold in the UK as the HIK Alpex sells for $820
I don't see a 4k version of the Spectrum on the AGM website and I don't think UK sellers would ship an Alpex 4k to the USA, but I think the Alpex 4k will be sold in France, so if you know someone travelling to France they could buy one there and bring it back for you (assuming he doesn't get stopped by US customs
UK residents can buy the Alpex 4k (when it officially goes on sale at the end of January) because HIK import them directly into the UK from China and have set up a sales and service operation in the UK
Since the UK left the European Union (Brexit) many UK companies have stopped selling to the EU and many EU based sellers have stopped selling to the UK because of the beaurocracy and paperwork involved

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Coyote73

Post by Coyote73 » 12 Jan 2024, 22:36

Thank you Bruce!

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 17 Jan 2024, 13:22

Coyote73 wrote:
12 Jan 2024, 22:36
Thank you Bruce!
Just to add to that for both the UK and EU...

Rifle scopes with a magnification of more than 4x or electronic processing of the image require an export licence.

Cheers

Clive

Sjors

Post by Sjors » 29 Jan 2024, 13:18

The Hikmicro Alpex 4K is available down here in the Netherlands. Last week I visited Euregiohunt. They showed me one example and claimed they were one of the first in the Netherlands to have one.