Looking for a helpful person near Swineshead, near Boston

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
hairyyoda

Looking for a helpful person near Swineshead, near Boston

Post by hairyyoda » 14 May 2017, 07:48

Looking for a helpful person who lives near or passes through the village of Swineshead, near Boston who could pick up a chainsaw and put it into a box and stick a label on it and drop the parcel off at a Hermes parcel drop off shop at anytime etc. Will cross your palm with silver for your help or a invite for a deer stalk or etc.
Thanks
Phil
ImageImageImage

hairyyoda

Re: Looking for a helpful person near Swineshead, near Boston

Post by hairyyoda » 21 May 2017, 00:30

Update which could be useful for any other person who comes across a situation where someone wants to have a "unwrapped/unboxed Boston area purchase" couriered to their home address.
Found a removal firm in Boston, owner offered to pick-up chainsaw from Swineshead take it back to Boston, wait for a Hermes label to arrive with him by post, box up chainsaw, stick on label, drop off at a Hermes drop off shop "for £15.00 which I sent as a gift"

So far I am very impressed ?
Thanks
Phil.
ImageImageImage

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 21 May 2017, 07:29

Let's hope he hasn't just bought a chainsaw for £15 Phil :cry:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 21 May 2017, 09:42

rodp wrote:Let's hope he hasn't just bought a chainsaw for £15 Phil :cry:
I forever live in hope Rod :think: that a plan can't go bad :lol: :clap: the chainsaw is already paid for and the £15.00 as a gift has been sent, if my new found best "middle-man contact dies in his sleep or vanishes off the face of the planet" I am well and truly stuffed for a PayPal refund claim :wtf: :crazy: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Would not have bothered chasing this particular Husqvarna but they stopped making that model in 2000 and from the photographs it looks like it has been a sleeper for a lot of years as all the covers and the magnesium chassis have had a very sheltered and unmarked life :think: :lol:

Thanks
Phil
ImageImageImage

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 21 May 2017, 10:44

Did you need another chainsaw Phil, or was it a case of "I need that , I really do" when you spotted the condition ? :lol:

Ooh,.... shiny :shock:

:lol: :lol:

"Argo, a great 8x8"

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 21 May 2017, 12:49

:wave: Rod, I told her indoors "the good woman who must be obeyed" that a back-up high revving lightweight chainsaw would be a bit of forward planning as you never know ? :think: and some models are getting scarce :D and far more useful than her buying another hand bag or a new pair of shoes ? :) she left the room muttering something about "your not well in the head and your to old to be doing any forward planning" I knew that telling her that "Dick Strawbridge's new program Cabins In The Wild will be on Sunday night would set off her alarm bells"

Thanks
Phil
ImageImageImage

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 21 May 2017, 15:48

hairyyoda wrote::wave: Rod, I told her indoors "the good woman who must be obeyed" that a back-up high revving lightweight chainsaw would be a bit of forward planning as you never know ? :think: and some models are getting scarce :D and far more useful than her buying another hand bag or a new pair of shoes ? :) she left the room muttering something about "your not well in the head and your to old to be doing any forward planning" I knew that telling her that "Dick Strawbridge's new program Cabins In The Wild will be on Sunday night would set off her alarm bells"

Thanks
Phil

I tried that approach last time I bought another quad, "It's a collectors model now, they're getting quite hard to find in this condition" says I. All I got was the dead eye glare and comments about being too old to ride one so don't be a stupid old git. :oops:

:lol: :lol:

"Argo, a great 8x8"

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 02 Jun 2017, 19:38

Well Rodders :wave: aka "Dave" good news from the Hermes electronic tracking gizmo. I had that warm good feeling :think: in my water that a bit of trust in a complete stranger in Boston would work out just fine "slow but just fine" and is a good result :thumbup: :lol: Eleven days later but the oracle has updated me that "the bargain priced collection only Husky 254 XP in Swineshead is safely in the hands of the of the staff at the Hermes Courier Hub :thumbup: :clap: :lol: :D
Does not take much to make me happy :yawn: :roll: :lol: and now we have closed the odds to a 50/50 chance of said chainsaw getting to West Wales :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap:
Phil
ImageImageImage